Most people think that the main thing a residential locksmith does is getting people back into their homes when they get locked out. While this is certainly a big part of our job as residential locksmiths, another large part of what we do every day is changing out and replacing old locks with new ones.
As your residential locksmith, we recommend changing out your locks on a regular basis and not just when they get damaged. Here are a few situations that warrant a call to us to change your locks:
- You recently moved into a new house
- Your home was broken into
- One of your keys went missing or was stolen
- You and your spouse are going through the divorce process and there are hard feelings
- When one of your locks gets damaged or gets a key stuck in it
We also suggest that no matter what, you have your locks changed approximately once per year. You never know if one of your keys has gotten into the wrong hands, and when it comes to the safety and security of your home, this is one preventative security measure you won’t regret.
If you need help changing out your locks, we’ll make the process simple and hassle-free from start to finish. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and to learn more about what changing your locks involves.